When you order a ticket for an online event, you will gain access to the Watch Stream page of the event.
If your event will be hosted on Peatix Live, the Watch Stream page will include embedded streaming of the event and you will be able to watch the stream there. There will also be the "Event instructions from the organizer" about joining the event and a FAQ section that answers some of the questions you may have while viewing the stream. A live chat will also be embedded if the organizer has enabled the chat function for the event.
|We suggest that you update to the latest version of your browser and operating system for an optimal viewing experience before the Peatix Live event starts. Please check the recommended specifications for viewing Peatix Live events.|
- How to access the Watch Stream page to join an event
- How to use the Peatix Live player on the Watch Stream page
- Troubleshooting when accessing the Watch Stream page
How to access the Watch Stream page to join an event
1. Access your ticket dashboard from the following URL:
2. Log in with the same account that you used when you purchased your ticket. You may skip this step if you are already logged in.
- If the account was created using your email address, log in with your registered email and password.
- If the account was not created using your email address, access your account by selecting Agree and sign in with Facebook/Twitter/Google/Apple according to the account you used to create your account.
3. On your dashboard, under Tickets, you can see a list of all the events you have bought tickets for. Click "Join event".
4. The Watch Stream page will open. Once the event start time arrives, you will be able to view the event through the embedded stream at the top of the page.
* If you are unable to view the livestream after the event start time, please check this help page: What should I do if I can't view a Peatix Live event stream (i.e., the stream won't start playing)?
* You can start watching a Peatix Live event partway through, but please note that you will not be able to rewind the livestream.
* If the organizer has enabled the live chat function for the event, a live chat screen will be embedded at the lower right corner of the page. For more details on live chat, please see this help page: How to join a live chat on Peatix Live
How to use the Peatix Live player on the Watch Stream page
To change the settings of the Peatix Live player, go to the menu bar at the bottom.
① Play/pause button
To start viewing a stream, click the Play button (a triangle icon ▶). To pause the stream, click the “II” button.
② Volume button
By default, the sound is turned on. To mute the sound, click the Volume button. To unmute, click the button again.
When you place a cursor over the Volume button, a volume slider appears on the right. Drag the slider to adjust the sound volume.
③ Quality selector
To select desired video quality, use the Quality selector feature. By default, the video quality is set to “auto”, which automatically adjusts the quality based on the speed of your internet connection. We recommend that you try reducing the stream quality if you face video issues (e.g., the video freezes or lags) while viewing a Peatix Live event.
* Please note that the Quality selector is only available in certain desktop browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge, and is not available in Safari and most mobile browsers.
④ Picture-in-picture button
The picture-in-picture feature allows you to watch a Peatix Live broadcast in a small window placed in a corner of the screen while you visit other websites or perform other tasks on your computer.
To use this feature, click the Picture-in-picture button. If you wish to stop using the picture-in-picture feature and resume watching the broadcast on the Peatix Live player on the Watch Stream page, click the button again. You can also stop using the feature by moving the cursor over the picture-in-picture screen and clicking the “x” button that appears on the upper right corner of the screen.
⑤ Full-screen button
Click this button if you wish to view a Peatix Live broadcast full screen instead of on the Peatix Live player on the Watch Stream page. To end the full-screen mode, click the button again or hit the Escape (Esc) key.
Troubleshooting when accessing the Watch Stream page
When accessing the Watch Stream page, you will need to log in with the account you used to order your ticket.
If you are logged in but cannot access the Watch Stream page, it is likely that you are logged into the wrong account. Please log out (https://peatix.com/signout), and log in again with the account you used when you ordered your ticket.
If you forgot which account you used to order your ticket or are experiencing troubles logging into your account, please check the help pages below:
How to access your account when you forgot your login details
* You will also be able to access the Watch Stream page through the link in the order confirmation email that will be sent after you have ordered your ticket, or the event reminder email that will be sent approximately 24 hours before the event starting time.
If you have questions about the streaming of the online event, please check the "Event instructions from the organizer" section on the Watch Stream page. If you do not find answers to your questions, please contact the event organizer from the "Contact organizer" button found below the "Event instructions from the organizer".