Each Peatix user has a "Public Profile" page that shows their avatar, a brief description about themselves and other pieces of information. It can be used to encourage interactions among users both during events and within groups. Groups you host and join are also listed on your Peatix profile page.
You can change the information provided on your profile page through the Account Settings page.
How to access the Account Settings page
Log into your Peatix account, and click on your account name in the upper right corner to access "Account Settings".
- How to change your account nickname
- How to set/change your avatar
- How to change the privacy of your public profile
How to change your account nickname
Your account nickname will be publicly displayed at all times. If you do not want your real name to show up, we recommend that you enter a nickname.
Enter the new name in the "Account Nickname" section and click "Save Changes".
How to set/change your avatar
Click the "Choose File" button in the "Avatar" section and select an image you wish to use for your avatar. Click "Save Changes".
* The ideal image size is 240 x 240px (max 5MB).
* It is not possible to set/change your avatar from mobile browsers. Please use a desktop browser or Peatix app.
How to change the privacy of your public profile
Your account nickname and avatar will be publicly displayed at all times, but you can set who can view the URL and brief description about yourself that you have provided as well as the groups you are following. By default, profiles are visible to “Group Members Only”, so only members of groups you have joined can view your profile.
- Public: Your profile page is publicly displayed. It will also show up in Google search results.
- Group Members Only: Only users who are members of the same group can view your profile. Your profile page will not show up in Google search results.
- Only me: Only you can see your profile page (your account nickname will still be shown on a group followers list).
* If you host a group on Peatix, your profile will be made public and privacy settings cannot be changed. This is so that your group can be made discoverable for more people to join and you will be more accessible to the members of your group.
* It is not possible to change your privacy settings from mobile browsers or Peatix app. Please use a desktop browser.